Module 4

Activity 3: ANIMOTO


Reflection: This video was created using students work samples in Term 2, from the unit, 'Art Attack' in Creative Arts. Students acquired the skills and techniques used in Creative Arts, and replicated this through various art forms. I can use this video next year when teaching this unit again. I really enjoyed creating this video, and researching the difference in podcasts & vodcasts. Students love ANY form of technology- so engaging these types of tools in the classroom in definitely a MUST! 

How can I use Podcasting/Vodcasting in my classroom?
Teacher created Postcasts/Vodcasts:
- Record classroom expectations at the beginning of every term/year
- Classroom Tasks
- Record classroom discussions

Students created Podcasts/Vodcasts:

- Student projects/assignments
- Students radio style broadcasts
- Digital Storyboards
- Student created content overviews or reviews
- Interviews within the school/community 
-Homework tasks 

Below is a link that provides more information on Podcasts/Vodcasts and how you can use them with ESL and differentiated ability students. 
http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/informed/features/50-educational-podcasts-you-should-check-out/

Do you use Podcasting/vodcasting in your classroom? Please share any great ideas you use below. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the Animoto video...really cool artworks! Great way to show off kids work at a school assembly even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, using art techniques and student samples in a video representation. I also like S Viviani's idea in showcasing student work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, I am also doing the web 2.0 course even thought I am currently on Maternity Leave. Therefore, I haven't been able to do podcasts this year but can't wait to get into it when I return! I have lots of ideas at my blog - http://felicityonweb2.blogspot.com.au/
    if you want to check them out. I am enjoying reading your blog and just loved your Animoto movie - your students are so creative, doing such amazing artwork. Congratulations on the fantastic job you are doing at your school! I am so glad that you are loving being a teacher - it's a real privilege to work with these little ones, helping them to love learning, and guiding them on their way. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the animoto video of your student's artwork, great idea to reuse in when teaching this next time.

    ReplyDelete