Module 7


Module 7- Building Online communities
Reflection
Delicious or Diigo is best described as a tool to keep links to your favourite blogs, articles, music etc and share them with family, friends and colleagues. You can use Delicious when bookmarking movies you want to see, travel planning, bookmark books you want to read, things you want to blog about, and research. 
Delicious allows you to find some of the best quality resources on the web without having to go through all websites. It's also known for managing and organising information around the net. Make sure you have created a shortcut on your desktop for easy access. If you have a Windows computer, you can do this through Delwin or for Mac you can use Delibar. If you wish to view my account, the link is below. I have added a few personal links that I use for teaching and shared publicly. https://delicious.com/jessicagrima

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Love your blogs and reading your reflections!
    Thanks for the tip about creating a shortcut on my desktop using Delibar. I downloaded the program and was able to set up a shortcut quickly and easily. Such a great way of keeping my bookmarks at my fingertips!
    So glad I stumbled across that piece of advice.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I have added you to my delicious account network as I see you have a lot of teaching resources I have used, saves me looking for them again! thanks. I also enjoyed reading about your class - the behaviour mgt & organisation - you have some great web sites there too! Thank you again, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph,
    I am glad I could give some insight - this is what blogs are for, right? I love how we can all collaborate, and share ideas and insights from each other in the teaching world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, Thank you for your kind words. Working with wonderful staff has made teaching a lot easier, as we share all of these amazing resources. It really does make teaching a breeze! Do you teach in an open-learning space environment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess,
    I have started to follow your delicious page also - many wonderful pages that you have already tagged.
    I know from our working together so far, we never run out of new ideas to find and share. I also think our pinterest social bookmarking pages also offer a wealth of resources and ideas. Continuing tagging and pinning! :)
    Annette

    ReplyDelete